From: "Carmen DiGiacomo" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] "irish trivia" plainfield illinois
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 07:54:39 -0400

Since I just returned from a 3 week trip to Ireland late last night, I
thought I would add my two cents to this light hearted discussion.

Nan has shown the origin of the 'Kathleen' is not Irish. I would add that
'Danny Boy' is another song that does not have Irish roots.

However, for all you Eileens on the list there is no doubt about the origins
of 'Eileen from Killarney'. It is 'Irish to the core'.

Carmen-Pittsburgh