From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] "irish trivia" plainfield illinois
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 21:27:03 -0500

Hi Larry,

Curious, I could find no Westendorfs, not only in Plainfield, but
anywhere in Will County in either the 1870 or 1880 census.
Either they weren't there very long, or they lived in a different
county from where TW worked.

More Irish trivia:
There were 39 surnames listed as born in Ireland living in Plainfield
in 1870:

Boland, Boucher, Boulton, Bunton, Campbell, Carey, Crogwell,
Essington, Ferguson, Freevil, Gillespie, Gleason, Gregg, Johnson,
Kinsella, Maher, McElhose, McIntyre, McManus, Mehan, Nolan, Oriely,
Powers,
Quinn, Rafter.

Nan