From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] "irish trivia" plainfield illinois
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 21:00:48 -0500

Why should you be embarassed, Kay? If accurate, (I found it on an
Internet songbook site) this fact of it's history is long buried!
I sure thought it was a native Irish song.

It is interesting how the Irish, or maybe just Irish Americans,
adopted it as their own, because as Kay pointed out there is no
reference to anything Irish in this song. I don't think "Westendorf"
is an Irish Surname!!

Thanks for reminding us about this week's festival at Gaelic Park.

Nan