From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Christ (Episcopal) Church in 1897 and theMasons in Chicago
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 03:06:25 -0500

Alice,

I don't think that church is in that area any more, although there
are numerous churches in the general area.
That area is mostly commercial and light industrial now, along with
medical facilities.

There's an autodealership on the corner of 24th and Michigan. It does
looks like it may be housed in a former church, but the building
doesn't look old enough to be 1897.

Anyone else know on this list?

I would be surprised if there were any publicly available personal
records for the Masons. There are many, many books written on the
subject, including histories.
Have you "googled" Freemasonry, Masons etc?

Chicago Public Library has one on Freemasonry in Illinois:
"The Rise and Progess of Freemasonry in Illinois 1783-1952", Everett
R. Turnbull, 1952
Publisher: Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Ancient Free and Accepted
Masons of the State of Illinois, 1952.