Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Enright's
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:24:22 EDT

Hi Maureen and Nan;

Thanks for responding. My uncle, Michael Enright was born in Newtown,
Clarina, Co. Limerick March 14, 1886. He immigrated to Brooklyn, New York on Sept 8,
1911 at age 25. He arrived on the ship, Carmania. His parents were Patrick
Enright and Anna Collopy Enright. He had 3 brothers, Patrick, John,{my father},
Richard and 4 sisters, Mary, Hannah, Johanna and Bridget. Patrick and all the
sisters stayed in Ireland. I believe I found him in Chicago in the 1920 Fed.
Census. I say I believe because this was the only Michael Enright who stated in
the 1920 census that he immigrated in 1911. He was living with a Kenney family
as a boarder at Marshfield Ave. in Cook Co. Chicago. He was employed as a
Motorman on the street railway.
I have several death certificates and Immigration papers of Michael's but
all are not my uncle. I have a feeling that he changed his age for some reason
as I haven't been able to find any one with the correct birth date. By the way,
I have a copy of his birth certificate. There are several Michael's in the
draft registration for WW1 but none are my uncle.
Of course, my uncle is long gone but I had hoped to find some of his
relatives if he married. His brother Richard never married. My parents married in New
York City and I was raised in the Bronx.

I was told that it was a hopeless case to find him but I'm one of those thick
Irishmen.
I'm looking for some of that Irish luck. I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you and take care.

Patrick

This thread: