From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] St. Gabriel's and the surname HAYES
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 11:29:08 -0700 (PDT)

Lucy,

What I have is just one page of St. Gabriel's history and pertaining to a specific question I asked about the parish priest at the time. This does not include a parishioner or founder list. Sorry!

I too have HAYES ancestors. My gr gr grandmother was Bridget HAYES b.c.1810 in Ireland.
Bridget m. James Mason, also b.c.1810 in Ireland. Marriage took place July 5, 1830 in the civil parish of St. Patrick's, ecclesiastical parish of Parteen/Meelick. I believe the local church was also called St. Patrick's and located in the townland of Parteen. Other townland connections are Cloonaughter and Athlunkard both in very close proximity to Parteen.

The witnesses to the above marriage were Willian Horan, Thomas Sullivan and Norry HAYES.

Other surnames in my HAYES database are....................Edmond, James, Judith, Michael & William. I assume they are relatives of Bridget, but have not confirmed this.

Does any of this information connect with your Hayes line? Look forward to hearing from you.

Judie Mason
Chicago

Lucy <> wrote:
Hi Judith,

My great grandparents were founding members of St. Gabriel's parish. I am interested to know if in the history of St. Gabriel's you have there is any information on the parishioners. The specific surname I am interested in is HAYES and KELLEHER. There may have been several brothers in the HAYES family. My great grandfather was Maurice HAYES, sometimes printed as Morris. I have some baptismal and one marriage record. I, myself, was born in Vis.

I appreciate your time and interest.

Lucy Naphin

This thread: