From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago Parish Histories at Notre DameArchives
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 19:26:41 -0700 (PDT)

Bill,
Since this is a special archives within the Notre Dame Library, I am pretty sure that this would be a non-circulating collection. Most likely access would only be granted to an individual making a personal visit or having a researcher go there and look at the records. Also, the records may have limited access depending upon the restrictions placed upon them by the donors. So, the best way to check is to contact the Archives directly.
These may be boxes or folders of papers, bound or looseleaf, notes, small books or almost anything imaginable pertaining to the subject matter.
I got to look at a box of papers at the Burnham Library at the Art Institute that had all sorts of interesting items. However, I had to visit in person and obtain an information access permission form from my own library to gain access to items. This may be a similar system.

Beth

wrote:
Nan,

I found St. Thomas More and St. Sabina in these archives, but how do you access these files?

Bill