Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Old St Mary's and other Chicago parishes
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 16:46:36 EDT

Hi Irish in Chicago listers -

I haven't checked every email on this subject but I did see that Nan has
offered to send a list of the closed Catholic Churches in Chicago. Just in case
you are not aware of the Pointers-In-Person site:
_http://www.rootsweb.com/~itappcnc/pipcnchicagochurches.htm_
(http://www.rootsweb.com/~itappcnc/pipcnchicagochurches.htm) I thought I would mention it.

It lists all the Catholic Churches in Chicago with their name, address, date
opened and if closed, the date it closed, cross streets, community and
ethnicity when founded.

And, for those parishes that the Family History Library has microfilmed the
registers, there is a hot link to the Family History Library and the
appropriate FHL microfilm numbers for that parish.

Elaine Beaudoin