From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] No One to Call Me Home: book on Mercy Home
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 02:30:11 -0500

356. No One to Call Me Home: "America's New Orphans," by James J.
Close. 1990. Mission of Our Lady of Mercy, Inc., 1140 W. Jackson
Blvd., Chicago, IL 60607. 113p. free with a donation. (Descriptors:
Children, Homeless Children)

This book presents the history and mission of the Mission of Our Lady
of Mercy and its Mercy Home for Boys and Girls. This Home is for all
boys and girls, regardless of what has taken them from their true
homes. With the age of AIDS, many of these boys and girls are turned
away from their families because of the disease. This Home is a place
of hope for them. Recommended for all libraries.