Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Mayo relative
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:07:17 EDT

Kathleen,

I happened to notice your hometown in IL. Back in 2004/5, I had been
corresponding with a man named John Walsh who lived in Oak Forest. His mother was
Alice Blaine from the Castlebar area of Mayo (Crimlin townland). Alice's
maternal line was Hopkins and related to my paternal line, Hopkins.

I believe John died in June 2005. He would have been in his 70's or older.
My last contact from him was a letter in March 2005 that said he had a photo of
his maternal grandmother, Mary Hopkins and he was going to scan it for me. I
never received it. I was hoping to contact any family he had but no one
responded to my letters.

Is there a remote chance you knew a John Walsh either where you live or
through your job?

Thanks.

Nora Hopkins FitzGerald
Huntersville, NC