Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] From Visitation
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:12:44 EDT

I graduated from Visitation kindergarten in 1951 (my family lived at 57th &
Carpenter). My only memories of that time are having to cross 'the big street'
(Garfield Boulevard) with an older girl named Eileen McGee who lived on our
block -- she'd come home for lunch, then take me back to school with her for
the afternoon kindergarten session. I also remember wanting the nun to give me
the tambourine when we had 'music' -- she'd pass out the instruments in no
special order -- I was dying for that fantastic tambourine, but always seemed to
get the stupid triangle instead!

Kathleen Richmond
Oak Forest IL

See what's free at