From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Visitation
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 03:41:38 -0500

Hi Mike,

Is this family below yours?
Do you have a death cert on James or Deborah?

There was a James and Deborah O'Brien and family living at 5322
Carpenter St in the 1910 census.
James was 50, born Ireland, working in the packing house, and
emigrated 1880. (about age 20)
Deborah was 49, born Ireland, also emigrated 1880.
They were married 28 yrs in 1910, so they were married about 1882.
All of the children were born in Chicago.
Living with them in 1910:
widowed Daughter Mayme Byrd, age 23, and her son Walter, age 4.
Mayme was a dressmaker.
Dau Catherine, age 23
Son Andrew, age 22
Dau Deborah, age 20
William Noonan, a boarder
Michael Burke, a boarder.

James must have died after Apr 23, 1910 (date of 1910 census) and
before Jan 7, 1920, the date census taker was at their home on
Lincoln St.

In the 1920 census, Deborah (59)is widowed and living with her
daughter Deborah (29)who married a George Frizie (29).
SIL Catherine OBrien, age 34, is also living with them
address was 5610 Lincoln St, 29th Wd, Dist 1797
Deborah and George had 2 children, Eleanor (5) and George (4).
Deborah OBrien received her citizenship papers in 1889.

There's an Andrew O'Brien buried at Calvary Cemtery. Because your
James' first born son was Andrew, I was wondering if James' father
might be Andrew. That Andrew buried at Calvary was born @ 1829 in Co
Tipperary and died in Chicago in 1889.
But there is a James buried there, probably a son, who died in 1935.
If your James died before 1920, then this Andrew would probably not
be his father.

Do you have some dates on Patrick and Esther Moore? Were they in
Visitation parish?
Nan