Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Undertakers death cert
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:24:50 -0500

Moe,

I have my 2 x great grandfather's, William Walsh (1902) and my 3 x great grandmother's, Catherine Welch (1909), death certificates. Both say: Bureau of Vital Statistics, Dept. of Health: City of Chicago, Undertaker's Report of Death. I think that it is just what they called them back then. A death certificate from 1882 says: Physician's Certificate of Death, City Board of Health.

Bill