Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Visitation
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:09:33 EDT

Good Evening Nan,

Thank you for the "welcome note" After reading everyone's e-mails, it seems
to me that the majority are from the South side of Chicago - no surprise
since I think South Side Irish is a large community. In fact my cousin, Kathy
McGann married and defected from the North Side and there may be other
relatives as well.

I grew up on the Northwest side - attended St. Edward's, which in at
Sunnyside and Kostner. I graduated in 1952. I then went to Madonna High School at
Pulaski & Belmont (which in not open any more) and graduated from there in
1956. My husband Bill and I have lived in Lisle (about 23 miles West) for 45
years. We have 5 grown children and 14 grandchildren - the oldest are 10 and
the youngest are triplets nearly 2 so we are busy.

My grandparents were from County Mayo - Newport - Buckagh.
She was Mary Ann Murray, born in 1886 and came to the US in 1906 - lived in
Cleveland for a while before coming to Chicago.

My grandfather was also from Buckagh, Newport, County Mayo. He was Patrick
Brice. In fact he lived next door to my grandmother's family. He was born in
1888 and came to the US in 1909. He also went to Cleveland but again don't
know when he moved here. They were married in 1914 at St. Veronica's Church
on the Northwest side.

She was the 2nd of 13 children - 6 of her sisters joined here together with
her youngest brother.
My grandfather was the oldest of 9 - I think only 2 of his brothers came to
the US and possibly 1 sister.
However, his mother was a Chambers, one of 13 children, so I recently
discovered there are many, many relatives along with several of his family marrying
Mulchrones, of which there are "hundreds"

My husband & I went to Ireland last October in hopes of finding information
but due to poor planning and a horrendous rain storm (which I've learned is
very common) we were unsuccessful. I have found several very nice e-mail
buddies that have provided a lot of information and for that I am most grateful.

I will look forward to hearing from everyone and hope there is some
"connection"
You sound like a great bunch.

Take care. Nancy