From: James Byrnes <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] finding Catholic Churches
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:16:34 -0700 (PDT)

Ladies:

I went to the Mormon Family History Center with the film number listed and all I got was the listing in Spanish for a Mexican article.

Seems like the number listed in the e-mail was missing a seven. Instead of 611100, it should read 6111007.

I did get a chuckle, the directory did not say "punch one for english".

Have a nice day!

Jim Byrnes, Green Bay, WI
Searching: Byrnes, Gillespie, Curran, Doug(h)las, Bergin, Wilson

wrote:

Hi,
I use the paper version of it all the time. It has grid maps of the city
every five years with the churches noted that were open during that particular
time period. It also has several lists, i.e., all the church names in
chronological order of date of opening and location; an alphabetical list of all
churches with additional information about them, i.e., who has the records of closed
parishes, the ethnic makeup of the parish, etc.; and a list of all the FHL #
for each parish.

It is published by The Czech & Slovak American Genealogy Society of Illinois,
P. O. Box 313, Sugar Grove, Illinois. There is a second edition which was
published in 1998 and covers information through to 1997. I believe I purchased
mine at Newberry Library.

An excellent source to determine what parish a person may have attended
during specific time frames.

Elaine

In a message dated 4/1/2007 4:10:43 AM Central Daylight Time, nan.brennan@m