Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Visitation
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:05:22 EDT

Mike,
Maybe we should start a discussion of families who were in Visitation
parish?.....my grandfather lived about 919 W 54th Place until he passed in 1930
long before I was born, so I never knew him.

I had an aunt who was a nun at Visitation. Sister Casimir. And my Uncle
Joe Lawler went to Visitation grammar school in the 1920s. He used to shoot
beebees(sp) at the windows of the high school from the cellar of my
grandfather's house when the girls choir was rehearsing. Never got caught.

An ex-boyfriend was Emmett Egan who lived in the Byrne Building. And Sean
and Marge Gallagher of that same building were working acquaintances....are
any of these names familiar?

My grandfather was part owner of the Schiele-Lawler Coal Co which became the
James Coal Company about 59th & Halsted.

Patti Meyers
Westmont, IL