From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Hager's History of Early Chicago
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:19:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Nan and Margaret,

The History of Chicago is usually catalogued using Andreas' name. It is also available at a few suburban libraries (Alsip, Bedford Park, Melrose Park and Oak Lawn) - 3 volumes - is non-circulating.
There is another 3 vol. History of Chicago by Pierce, Bessie, so it is easy to confuse the 2 sets. This set is available at a number of libraries in the Chicago area.
If I remember correctly though, neither set of books are indexed? I must have a look later today. I haven't looked at either one in quite some time.

Beth

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
Hi Margaret,

It is online at Ancestry.com. It is also available (I just look online at the Chgo Pub Lib) at Harold Washington and Sulzer. I think Andreas was the publisher but most of it was written by Hager.

Nan

On Apr 19, 2007, at 8:35 AM, wrote:

> Nan,
>
> Where did you locate the History of Early Chicago? Is it
> available at Newberry or Harold Washington Library? I don't suppose it is online.

This thread: