From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] IRISH-IN-CHICAGO Digest, Vol 2, Issue 93
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:40:29 -0500

Dear Pat,

All of us who had parents who gave us the experience of witnessing
the pain and suffering of others and showed us we could, in our small
ways, be charitable to others
and help relieve their suffering if only for a little while, to give
someone a brief moment of joy, gave us wonderful gifts----which you
refer to---appreciation and gratitude and a sense of humanity.

Thanks for sharing about your dad, too!

Nan