From: "Carmen DiGiacomo" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago Flophouse
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:19:39 -0400

Kathleen, I don't understand why you connected The Springfield House to the
term flophouse. If those listed on the census sheet were singe and laborers
the place could have been a boarding house for laborers. I would venture to
say one could find similar places in New Bedford, MA, Providence RI or any
other city that had a manufacturing industry that needed workers.

Carmen-Pittsburgh