From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Margaret BRADY
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:51:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bill,
I'm entering into this discussion rather late in the game, so you may have looked into this already. I have had a lot of luck with Chicago Irish Families, the database available on Ancestry. If you or SKS could enter the names Walsh or Brady, you may find a mention of the right people with a county or hopefully the parish in Mayo mentioned. I have found siblings of people this way and then were able to track down info on them and eventually find a place name.
Also, have you found all the Chgo census records and checked the neighbors and others living in the same building to see if a relative may be listed as a boarder or a neighbor?
Did Maggie ever become a citizen ? If so, those records may give you the answer. Also check for probate or property records.
Did I see that Maggie's husband was a police officer? If so, did Maggie collect a pension - perhaps the pension records would have some sort of affidavit that she had to sign - the info could be there.
Beth

This thread: