From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Education of the Irish in Chicago
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 20:56:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Nan,
No, I'm not familiar with it. I looked it up in the card catalog and it is available at some of the suburban libraries (not at OL surprisingly enough), also at a few branches at CPL - wonder of wonders, it's actually available at my branch - they never have anything there!! Also available at Washington, Sulzer, and Jefferson Park up on your side of the city. I may take a run down the street and check it out. Will let you know how it is.

Beth

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
I just came across a reference to this book and wondered if anyone
had read it or was familiar with it:

Sanders, James W.
Education of an Urban Minority: Catholics in Chicago, 1833–1965.
1977.