From: Bill King <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Wolcott high school
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 20:43:39 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

The school was Westcott Vocational and it was on 80th Street just west of Vincennes or about 400 West. In the early 1960s Kroger Foods left the Chicago market. They donated their warehouse at 83rd and Vincennes to the Chicago school system. Westcott was moved into the building. Soon after the name was changed to Simeon in honor of the head of vocational education for the board who had died suddenly. The old Westcott building was remolded into an elementary school and given the Westcott name. Anew Simeon was built irecently to replace the old building. I don't know if the old Westcott building is still standing. Bill King