From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Margaret BRADY
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 21:13:51 -0500

Bill,

Which Bridget Meehan in the 1910 census was she:

I found three (only checked correct spelling of Meehan):

**Bridget, age 49, b@1861 Canada, emigrated 1885, parents born Ireland
husband John born Kentucky, daughter Sadie age 21 born Canada
living in the 4th ward 3139 Halsted St. (So Halsted St)
Bridget A. Meehan, widow, age 53 b@1857 Ireland, emigrated 1870
28th Ward 2427 N Fairfield
children: Jessie, Paul, Elizabeth, John C.
Delia Meehan, age 25, b@1885 Ireland, emigrated 1905 (couldn't be
witness to 1895 marriage)
10th ward 1109 15th St- married 1 year.
husband Patrick, age 26, b@1884, emigrated 1904

**I am assuming this is the one you refer to? But she was dead by
1920, not 1930.
I came up empty on obits for all three John, Bridget (Delia) and
Sadie/Sarah/Sara.
But if this first one was the correct one, there is inconsistency
(surprise!) in the census records.
Some have her born Ireland, some have her born Canada. "Sadie" was
born in Canada.
Also, Bridget was born in 1861, that's older than I though Margaret's
sister would be.
You don't think this record is too early? Sadie was born in 1888 in
Canada and John and Bridget married in 1886-possibly in Canada.

There was a notice in the Tribune for a memorial mass for a Sara A.
Meehan on Oct 27, 1948 at St Mark's church.
notice was in the Trib the day before on the 26th. There is no
corresponding death in the Illinois death index, however
there was a death of a Sarah A. Meehan, one year earlier on October
27th 1947, so this memorial mass in 1948 is probably
for the Sarah Meehan who died in 1947. I could not find an obit for
her in 1947.

Nan