Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Margaret BRADY
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 20:54:39 -0500

Tom,

Thanks for the encouragement! The marriage certificate from Holy Angels only gives the names of the parties being married, the witnesses, and the priest that officiated the ceremony. It is a form that is filled in with the data, not a photocopy of the actual marriage entry. William and Maggie were married in 1895.

Okay, I am going to write GRO and ask them to just send me all the Margaret (Maggie) Bradys in all of Mayo between 1871 and 1875. Then, out of the kindness of their heart, they are going to send them to me because they could not find the one I paid for? In genealogy nirvana, maybe, but I doubt it. The bill would be exorbitant. I know that is not what you meant, but I had to put it out there anyway.

Thanks for the film numbers also. I appreciate it, thanks again.

Bill

This thread: