Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Margaret BRADY
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 20:31:20 -0500

Nan,

A passenger list from the SS Britannic 21 September 1888 shows a family of Bradys - no father is listed. Listed are: Mary Brady (wife - 46), Patrick Brady (farmer - 26), Kate Brady (22), Maggie Brady (16), Bridget Brady (13), Thomas Brady (10), and Annie Brady (8).

The church record of my great grandparents wedding shows - William Walsh and Maggie Brady - 14 April 1895. The witnesses are John J. Meehan and Delia Brady. Another lister provided me with John and Bridget Meehan census data for 1900, 1910, and 1930. The 1900, 1910, and 1930 census in Chicago shows John Meehan and daughter in all the census. Bridget is in the 1900 and 1910 census only. She obviously died between the 1910 and 1930 census. Can you locate an obit for Bridget (Delia) Meehan with a husband, John, and a daughter, Sadie?

I have the obit for Margaret. William (Walsh) Welch's obit I have searched high and low for before I got kicked out of the Trib archives to no avail. William died 22 May 1902. He was a Chicago cop.

You are right there has been a lot of activity on the list responding to my request. This list is GREAT!

Bill