Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Margaret Brady Walsh/Welch
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 14:50:30 -0500

Diane,

She emigrated to the States in 1889. She would have been 16!? I have been to the ships lists to no avail even during the free period Ancestry offered. The only thing I found is two manifests one on SS Britannic in May 1888 and the other is the SS Wyoming May 1890. The problem is I am not sure which one is my Maggie Brady.

The 1888 manifest states that she is from England, not Ireland. While, the 1890 manifest is difficult to read and appears blacked out.

Maggie was married in Chicago. I have the marriage certificate from the church and the county, neither of which is any help.

Bill