Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Margaret Brady Walsh/Welch
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 15:25:34 EDT

Bill:

I gather from your posting that neither the marriage nor death certificate
shows your ggrandmother's parents' names, and I assume she married in the States
rather than Ireland. Do you know from the census when she emigrated, and have
you looked for her on the immigration sites? The ship lists often showed the
person's home town or close relative's name in Ireland.

In terms of narrowing down the parish if the above doesn't help,
Failteromhat.com shows Bradys in the following Mayo parishes at the time of Griffiths
(mid-1850s, less thn 20 years before your ggrandmother was born):
Brady Thomas Kilmaclasser
Brady John Kilmoremoy
Brady Honor Kilvine
Brady Patrick Kildacommoge
Brady John Kilconduff
Brady Henry Kildacommoge
Brady Patrick Kilvine
Brady Anthony Manulla
Brady Patrick Meelick
Brady Edward Tagheen
Brady Patrick Tagheen
Brady Patrick Meelick
Brady Michael Meelick
Brady Mark Meelick
Brady Honor Kilconduff
Brady Edward Kilconduff
Brady Patrick Balla
Brady Patrick, Jr. Balla
Brady John Bekan
Brady John Balla
Brady Mary Aglish
Brady John Annagh
Brady Willaim Bekan
Brady Mary Bohola
Brady Patrick Kilcolman
Brady Anthony Kilconduff
Brady James Kilcolman
Brady James Islandeady
Brady Michael Islandeady
Brady Austin Aghagower

One of the men could have been your ggrandmother's father, and she may have
named her first or second son after him. If you see a familiar given name, you
could start with the parish where it's most common.

If she was married in Ireland, go to failteromhat.com nd look for parish
where both Brady and Walsh/Welch appeared to narrow it down further.

Before ordering parish film, check with your nearest Family History Centers,
as some have some parishes in their permanent collections. (Wilmette, I
believe, has Islandeady, for example.)

Diane
</HTML>

This thread: