Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Margaret BRADY
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 21:21:31 -0500

Listers,

I sent off to GRO for the birth certificate of my great grandmother, Margaret BRADY WALSH (WELCH). She was born in County Mayo on 31 May 1873, according to family history and her death certificate from Chicago, Cook County, IL.

They checked their records and came up blank. My only thought now is to search the church records, but three things stop me. The first is that I have no idea who her parents were. Second, I have no idea where in County Mayo she was born. Third, I do not know in what church she was baptized. I assume that she was R.C., but I am not sure. The descendant family is R.C., so I think it is safe to assume she was also.

Are there LDS microfilms I can search? Would it be an exercise in futility if GRO cannot locate the birth certificate? What would be my next move?

Bill Karr in Peoria, IL., USA

This thread: