From: Brian Martin <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Center Ave
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 03:24:55 -0800 (PST)

I had a gg-grandfather who lived on Center Ave after the Civil
War. As near as I can tell from old maps, their home is now in
or near the Chicago Zoo. His name was Thomas Marsh. His widow
was Nancy. Apparently, about 1900 she lived in a 3 story brick
house on Center Street with her youngest son when she applied
for a Civil War widow's pension