From: "Mary Mullarkey Wentzell" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Center Ave.
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 02:11:21 -0600

Bill,

This Center Ave has been bothering me since reading your post. I did not
think there was such a street in Chgo. So, I looked up your Ledwells on
ancestry.com. I was surprised that it existed.

The 1900 Census has your family listed in Enumeration Dist 607, Ward 19.

Listed below are the boundaries for your E.D. & Ward from
www.alookatcook.com:

W. Gilpin Place (Cabrini St.), S. Center Ave. (Racine Ave.), W. Taylor St.,
S. Lytle St., W. 12th St., S. Throop St., W. Taylor St., S. Sibley St. (Ada
St.).

Looks like S. Center Ave. is currently Racine Ave. or nearby.

Source link: http://www.alookatcook.com/1900/ward19eddesc.htm

Also, (since you mentioned the 1880 census being difficult to read), your
Patrick Ledwell & family, and Ellen Morrissey & child all lived at 537 Union
St.

Hope this helps..

Mary