Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Get-Together Topic?
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 17:27:57 EST

I won't be at the get-together (I'm hard of hearing and have difficulty with
large gatherings), but I have a suggested topic for your lunch or perhaps for
e-mailing back and forth. Does anyone know if the Irish Heritage Center has
any Irish records on microfilm? If it doesn't, might that be something we could
suggest? Griffith's is readily available on irishorigins.com, but it would be
so nice if some place local had census records, indexes for civil records, RC
parish records. Perhaps we could put together a wish list?

Another idea would be to see if we could create a directory of Irish films
held by various local LDS Family History Centers. Before I order film, I always
call around to the local centers to see if they have it, but it would be nice
to have such a directory. What do others think?

Diane

This thread: