From: "Rosaleen Scanlon" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] McDermott.Ghicago and Sligo Ireland
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:14:08 +0000

Thank you for the info.
I was born and I live in Sligo Ireland.The Descendents I am trying to locate
would have been my grans siblings who emigrated to the USA from Sligo in or
around 1900.My research on the internet has produced mixed results..My grans
sister Bridget Mc Dermott was definately in the US. When my Aunt Nellie
Scanlon emigrated in 1926 ,she gave the name of her aunt Bridget Mc
Dermott . The address was Miss B McDermott 33,Vandervader Pl St Louis.I also
have some old photographs of unidentified people taken by a photographer in
St Louis.There may also be a connection to Boston.My aunt Nell Scanlon
married Otto Wennrich in Westport,and her sister Bridget Scanlon married
James Kilgannon in Stemford. The Chicago link came recently when a cousin
from the UK told me that when he was a teenager his mother took him to
visit her Mc Dermott relatives in Chicago.Another clue may be this. On 30th
March 1926,John Mc Dermott father of Bridget mc Dermott died and the Irish
Obituary said American paper please copy .I do not know if Bridget married.
She also had a brother Michael whome I suspect was also in the USA .