From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] McDermott.Ghicago and Sligo Ireland
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 00:17:10 -0600

Rosaleen,

I don't know if this is yours, but I found this Agnes Scanlon, nee
McDermott obit in the Chicago Tribune.
date: October 21, 1971

SCANLON
Agnes Scanlon, nee McDermott, beloved wife of the late Patrick;
fond mother of Monica Kreien; grandmother of three; great-grandmother
of 12
sister of Sister Monica, O.P. and Lawrence McDermott.
Funeral Friday 930am, from the Hickey and Vandenburg Chapel, 6730 W
174th Tinley Park
to St Chrisopher Church. Mass 10am. Interment St. Mary.

Here's a 1916 obit on a Scanlon from Sligo:
Chicago Tribune May 8, 1916

SCANLON-
THERESA SCANLON, nee BANKS, at her residence 2744 Lexington Street.
born in County Sligo, age 40 years, beloved wife of Bartholomew Scanlon,
mother of Thomas, Mary and John Scanlon. Funeral Monday May 8, 10am to
Precious Blood; burial at Mount Carmel by autos.

Could you clarify, did your Mary and Michael stay in Ireland or come
to the US?

Nan
Chicago