From: "Rosaleen Scanlon" <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] McDermott.Ghicago and Sligo Ireland
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:29:23 +0000

I am researching my grandmother's family tree. Her maiden name was Mary
Ellen McDermott from Carrowkeel,Ballisodare,Co.Sligo Ireland She married
Michael Scanlon from the same address.She had a sister Bridget in the U.S ,
In 1928 Bridget may have been in St.Louis. According to details I found ,my
fathers sister Nell Scanlon travelled to the USA in 1926 and went to her
aunt Bridget Mc Dermott in 33 Vandarvanter Place St Louis.I have also
discovered that there were McDermotts in Chicago . A cousin remembers being
brought to visit them when he was a teenager round (1970's)..Of course
teenage boys have no interest in their mother's relatives and he can give me
no information.
Rosaleen Scanlon

Customise your home page with RSS feeds at MSN Ireland! http://ie.msn.com/

This thread: