Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Englewood
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:30:55 EST

This discussion about theatres on the South Side of the city brings back
memories. Most of them were so beautiful. I remember the Capitol had so many
"stars" in the dome ceiling. What was the one on 63rd Street east of Halsted
called? The one with the live flamingos in the indoor pool.

The one in our neighborhood on 69th St, was called the Park Manor. In
comparison to those beautiful theatres in our discussions, this one was tiny and
plain as I remember it. After the latest version of Flash Gordon was
finished, we went out in the vacant space in back of the theatre and played in the
rumble seat of an old junked car that was parked there.

Maureen N
http://www.aol.com.

This thread: