Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Drover's Journal_Town of Lake_CommunityMap_WIsconsin Civil War Veterans
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:40:16 -0600

1. Does anyone know where the Drover's Journal can be obtained? My
grandfather had a drover's business there and my great grandfather
had a tavern near the gates of the Stockyards. I remember looking out
the window when I was at Visitation grade school to see the
Stockyards in flames. I'll have to look up when that was-probably the
late 40s.

2. Also, I need to find the 1880 (possibly the 1870 too) census for
the "town of Lake", which was outside Chicago's boundaries. That area
was not a part of Chicago until 1889. No census for 1890 exits. Does
anyone know where the "town of Lake" census can be viewed? Online
would be fabulous!

3. I went to:

http://www.communitywalk.com/map/

...and mapped out all my ancestors homes and business locations on
the south side. I can't attach it to this email but I could
individually send it to if you want to see what one looks like. It is
a work in progress and I hope to add a lot more to it and then have
it printed and distributed to my kids and nieces and nephews

4. So many readers of this list seem to have originated in Englewood.
If you email me back I will try and do a count for the group. Just
list the cross streets you were born on and I will write up a report.

Lucy> Garfield Blvd. and Green St.> Visitation Grammar School>1940s

5. Anyone searching for Civil War veterans from Wisconsin? New
material has gone online. See below

Lucy