From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago City-Wide Collection 1835-1990
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 01:37:00 -0600

Hi Beth,

Many of my family worked in the stockyards, too, Armour & Co, though,
more than Swifts.
Drovers was a large bank in that neighborhood, I can't remember
exactly where it was anymore, seems like it might have been around
42nd and Halsted.
It may have been a stockyard employee owned bank. I think it failed
in the late 70s.
Nan

BTW did you look at the American Memory Library of Congress site for
Englewood pictures: http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/cdnquery.html
If you search "Englewood" there's over 100 results, most seem to be
of the High School, but you can search the streets, too, Normal,
Princeton, Stewart, etc.
I didn't find "St Martin's" buy I may not have used effective search
terms.