From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Englewood
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:08:56 -0800 (PST)

Nan,
Just so you know - I have spent the better part of the day browsing through the cinema treasures website !!!!

Reading about all the old cinemas or 'shows' as we always called them - both the ones I have been to as a kid and the ones my parents told me about - especially the comments that people have left giving even more information not only about the actual theater itself, but many times the surrounding neighborhood as well - well what a treasure the site itself is!!

I couldn't get that clip to work either - even went to the WTTW site and registered. But I did send a query to them regarding the clip, so we'll see what or if they answer. (And no, I'm not the BW that posted that either!)

Beth

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
Kathleen

I couldn't find this WTTW 1930s film of Englewood, but maybe you could try and track it down.

"A 1930s video clip of the Englewood is available by searching http:// www.wttwdigitalarchives.com/searchres.php for 22275
posted by BWChicago on Nov 20, 2006 at 1:25pm"

I found this posting (above) on a cinemas blog: http://
cinematreasures.org/theater/1100/

Nan

This thread: