Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Bernardin Archives
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:33:01 EST

It's been some time since I went there -- you should call and make an
appointment:

Archdiocese Record Center
Archdiocese of Chicago's Joseph Cardinal Bernardin Archives & Records Center
711 West Monroe
Chicago, Illinois 60661
Tel. (312) 831- 0711
Fax: (312) 831- 0610
Vice Chancellor:
(mailto:)
Julie Satzik
Assistant Research Archivist
Tel: (312) 831-0711 ext. 728
Martha Rodriguez
Secretary
Tel: (312) 831-0711 ext. 337
The staff were helpful -- if you know where your family lived and the
parish, it will speed up your searches. You might want to check with them where
records for specific parishes are -- I know that closed parishes' records are
at the archives while existing parishes may have their entire records at the
parish -- always good to check.
Margaret
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp. Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.

This thread: