Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] History of Visitation Parish?
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:26:33 EST

Nan wrote: "I came across a reference to it in a bibliography of a
dissertation
by a Catholic University library student, Maureen Stokes
A Short History of Englewood.
http://slis.cua.edu/ihy/spring04/Englewood/home.htm
Has anyone every used this?"

I had seen this and even own two of the reference books the author cites:

Roberts, Maria Lettiere & Richard Stamz. Chicago 's Englewood Neighborhood:
At the Junction. Chicago : Arcadia , 2002. (met these authors at a Newberry
Library presentation on the history of Englewood)

Sullivan, Gerald. The Story of Englewood . Chicago : Foster & McDonald, 1924.
(wonderful old book I won from an online auction)

I own one other book of similar interest:
McLaughlin, John Gerard. Images of America: Irish Chicago. Chicago: Arcadia,
2003.

Kathleen Richmond (attended Visitation School for kindergarten!)
Oak Forest IL

Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security
tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail
and much more.

This thread: