Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Where is Monleg, Co. Wexford? Know of this man?
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:52:17 EST

I have a relative buried in Calvary Cemetery near Chicago. His name is
Thomas Kavanagh. His death notice says:

April 22, 1901, aged 36 years, native of Monleg, County Wexford..
Funeral from the residence of his cousin, Mrs. Gaul, 4933 Ashland Avenue to St.
Rose of Lima Church to Calvary (Cemetery).

Mrs. Gaul was Eliza Gaul nee Hickey (from Clonegal parish Co. Carlow/Wicklow
near Kilbride).

I have tried without any luck to locate Monleg, Co. Wicklow. I have also
tried to determine how he was related as a cousin to my ggrandmother, Eliza
Gaul.

Any ideas?

Maureen N

This thread: