From: "Kathleen M. Klimek" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Walton J. Sullivan re: Ann MORAN CUMMINGS
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:07:06 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Yes, my great grandmother (Julia Gannon) was instrumental in getting St. Domitilla's established. And the local children used to have religious ed studies at their house before the church was built. My great uncle was the first graduating class from St. Domitilla's grade school. There is a St. Domitilla's section in mary queen of heaven cemetery. The parish is still there, I was baptised there. And many relatives were buried out of that church. Most to queen of heaven. You are correct, families stayed there for decades.

Check out: franzosenbuschheritagesociety.org for information on old settlers and other information about the area. Also the area is listed as proviso township for your information.

Kathleen