From: pyd_zac7 <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] McDonnell's Bar and Restaurant
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 10:44:05 +1030

In trying to complete my family history about my seven aunts and uncles
who went to Chicago in the early 1900's a second cousin I found sent me
a small snapshot of a young girl in her communion dress taken outside
of a bar in Chicago and on the window was the name "McDONNELL"S BAR
& RESTUARANT" My cousin thought it once belonged to one of my uncles
but not remember which one. I guess the age of the photo is in the
1940's or thereabouts. After they settled in Chicago all my relatives
used the McDonald spelling instead of McDonnell. I would be pleased to
hear from any descendants of Irish in Chicago particularly from County
Mayo who might have any knowledge of this bar and restaurant and where
it was I would be very pleased to hear from them

Thank you

Michael McDonnell

This thread: