Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] More on Rutland, Vermont Irish
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:45:18 -0500

I tried to get a county/state marriage certificate and there was no record for John Lavin and Ann McDonough (McDonagh). The Lavins in the 1850 Rutland census (as Lawin) were Thomas, John, Peter and Ambrose, ages 28 to 14 and Mary 60, I assume their Mother. Have traced Thomas and John to Wisconsin, but cannot find the others after 1850. I may never know, but it is interesting to speculate.
Thanks for the info, Bonnie.
Ellen

Sent: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 8:36 AM
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] More on Rutland, Vermont Irish

Special Thanks to Nan for posting the piece on
Irish in Rutland. My clan was there to work on the
railroad, Askeaton, County Limerick...

A few words further for Ellen. If your Irish were Catholic,
there appears to be a traveling priest, Fr. Boylan, who traveled
the small towns (my clan was in Mt. Holly/Wallingford) for years and years.
I posted to GENWEB to see if his records were still in existence,
but alas, heard back from someone local that told me they had
chased and chased throughtout the diocese, but after many
years, still hadn't found the records.

I'll keep my eyes open for your LAVIN clan while I'm chasing
my LANEs.

Bonnie