From: Sharon Coryell <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] A Quandry
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 20:28:33 -0800 (PST)

Bill,
It's my understanding that until the 1890's no records were kept of people crossing from Canada into the US, so those of us with ancestors who arrived earlier are in a bit of a pickle. I think our best hope is to try to find out what port they left from in Ireland and search the passenger lists for the period when we believe they would have arrived in Canada. At least you know they ended up in Newfoundland. I have no idea where the elusive Agnes Bell landed. I'll just keep searching.....

Sharon