From: "Thomas Fortin" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] [Y-IRL] Pre Ellis Island/walking from Canada
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:32:29 -0600

Judith,
Was the Cooney family in Chicago related to the Cooney family in Joliet? My
Gr Grandmother was Margaret Cooney, she married William Sutfin. She was the
girl next door. Their son Eugene born in 1876 was my Grandfather.
And yes, members of my Sutfin family had boat tickets that got them (from
New York) to Detroit, and they walked to Dundee IL (1835 at the end of the
Blachawk War) then some went to Joliet when the rail line was finished.
Tom Sutfin-Fortin