From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Fwd: Re: [Y-IRL] Pre Ellis Island/walking fromCanada
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:38:39 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, the Donovan/Cooney line were my gr gr grandparents.

Judie Mason

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:35:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] [Y-IRL] Pre Ellis Island/walking from Canada

Hello,

My Donovan/Cooney gr gr gr grandparents went from Quebec to Negaunee, MI (1860) to St. Joseph, MO (1865) to Chicago, IL (1870).........I have no idea how they traveled.

Judie Mason
Chicago

Sharon Kavanagh <> wrote:
Maureen & others - I have also wondered about how our relatives got from
Quebec (1851 arrival) to Chicago by (or even well before) 1867. Would love
to hear from others whose families are known to have sailed from Ireland to
Canada and ended up in the States, especially in Chicago.
Sharon Kavanagh