From: "Sharon Kavanagh" <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] surname index
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:16:58 -0800

Happy New Year to all on the list. Another year, another try to find those ancestors...hope springs eternal...

Is there any kind of an index of Irish names by arrival date for Chicago? I have researched the Edwards Official Chicago Directory & Business Dir., J(ohn)C.W. Bailey & Co. Chgo City Dir., the D.B. Cooke & Co. Chgo City Dir., Hall & Co. Chgo.City Dir, Halpins Dir. etc. for various years/editions, but I wondered if there is some kind of a list of surnames and when they first appear in Chicago?

Thanks,
Sharon Kavanagh

This thread: