Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Confederate Pensions & Abraham Lincoln
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 09:59:06 EST

Martin Holland wrote: "I, too, am glad to hear that the Confederate soldiers
were taken care of. I imagine Lincoln would have approved as well."

Abraham Lincoln has always been my favorite President. A memorable quote
from his second inaugural address, March 4, 1865:

"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as
God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in,
to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the
battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a
just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations." That says it
all for me!

Kathleen Richmond
Oak Forest IL

This thread: