Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Obituary Look Up: Timothy Burke - thank you
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 15:07:20 -0500

Judie and Nan,

Thank you for taking the time to do this. None of these seem to fit but
I will hang on to the info for future reference.

Timothy Burke, b. Ireland 1862, was in the Chicago 1900 census living at
2322 Fulton, Chicago (West Town), own single residence, working as a
'painter'. In 1910 he is in Bern, Wisconsin, widowed by wife, Luretta
DEXTER's death in 1908, his two children with him - Edward Timothy - 19,
Lulu/Lula - 18, and Clarence - 10; his occupation: farmer. The 1880
Oshkosh, Winnebago, Wisconsin census lists him a "crippled, leg taken off".

Now my father would talk of a Chicago relative who he referred to as
"Peg Leg", but didn't refer to him as his uncle. Perhaps there was more
than one amputee in the Chicago BURKE & DUSHANE family lines. Who can
say. I wish I could have a hypnotist draw these old stories out of my
subconscious.

Again, thank you for your time.
Kelly Ward, Schoolcraft, Michigan

This thread: